According to a survey, 51% of organizations fail to identify advanced endpoint attacks, as their endpoint security software is ineffective. The average cost of successful corporate endpoint attacks is in the millions and employing a stringent endpoint security solution is necessary.
Kaspersky and Broadcom (Symantec) are two such platforms – here is all you need to know about these endpoint security solutions in terms of their principal features, pricing, customer support service and ease of use.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business delivers flexible security and management in four deployment models, along with high performance, built-in firewalls, behavioral analysis, anomaly control, endpoint hardening, straightforward mitigation, critical server protection and unified endpoint management.
The solution’s unique cloud mode for endpoints leverages global threat intelligence and delivers the best-in-class defense with minimal impact on endpoint resources. Kaspersky also helps you achieve key compliance goals like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with certified encryption functions and its remote wipe feature.
Such is Kaspersky’s prowess among endpoint protection platform (EPP) vendors that it was named as a 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customer’s Choice for EPP in every category – global enterprises, the public sector, education and government. The platform also earned an industry-high “AA” rating in Advanced Endpoint Protection from NSS Labs.
Some of Kaspersky’s customers are Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, Oi, Mascom Wireless, Securicon, APCON and 3M.
We have compiled a list of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business’ principal features:
- Adaptive Security identifies anomalies and automatically remediates evasive ransomware, including fileless threats
- Four deployment models are on offer.
- Several defensive capabilities are on offer that reduces the possibility of a human error leading to a compromising situation.
- Agile threat protection.
- Vulnerability and patch management offer streamlined and painless automation of routine tasks.
- Exceptional performance with minimal impact on end-user resources.
- Built-in firewalls
- Prioritized alerts are sent in case of a threat.
- Ready for GDPR
- Straightforward mitigation
- 24/7 customer support service across 200 countries.
- Pricing (10-150 endpoints):
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud – $322.50 for 10 endpoints
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus – $513.70 for 10 endpoints
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Select – $404.20 for 10 endpoints
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced – $746.20 for 10 endpoints
Request a Kaspersky product demo
Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise is a multi-layered threat protection solution for traditional and mobile endpoints that is available in three deployment options.
Broadcom offers machine learning-based (ML-based) protection and false positive minimization, critical and signature-less endpoint technologies to beat crippling ransomware, zero-day attack blocking, security posture optimization and an artificial intelligence-guided (AI-guided) security management system for streamlined decision making.
Symantec Endpoint Security has received many accolades over the years, including the AV-TEST Institute’s 2019 Best Performance and 2019 Best Protection awards for enterprise endpoint protection. This was Symantec’s fifth-straight victory in the Best Protection category.
Symantec Endpoint Security is available in three wide-ranging models. Choose a model that best suits your business needs. The endpoint protection platform’s clients include Sitehands, StratServ, Cancer Research UK, BNB Technology, BANPAIS and Alcoa Aluminium S/A.
Mentioned below are Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise’s key features:
- The advanced, multi-layered endpoint protection solution offers signature-less protection against unknown attacks and ransomware.
- With the help of ML technology, the solution offers maximum endpoint protection.
- Antivirus protection helps stop zero-day attacks and malware.
- Application Isolation helps block malicious and suspicious exploits from harming well-trusted applications and isolates untrusted applications dynamically.
- The AI-powered security management system helps improve overall security hygiene.
- Symantec’s single-agent stack helps reduce update fatigue.
- Three deployment options are on offer – cloud-native, hybrid and on-premises.
- Pricing: Symantec offers three different models – Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. The vendor has not yet made the pricing models for the same public.
You can request a free demo of Symantec solutions from their website.
While Kaspersky is an overwhelming customer favorite, Symantec offers a plethora of fascinating features that make it worth considering. Both endpoint protection solutions have received numerous awards and offer sound endpoint protection.
In order to figure out which of the two solutions is a better fit for your organization, request a free demo at your convenience.