The need for stellar endpoint protection is more evident than ever – a single corporate endpoint breach leads to an average economic loss of $8.94 million. CrowdStrike Falcon and Blackberry Protect (CylancePROTECT) are among the best solutions in the endpoint protection market.
In this guide, we will compare these two endpoint security solutions on the basis of their features, usability, pricing, reviews and customer service.
CrowdStrike is a cloud security company that offers best-in-class endpoint protection.
As a leader in threat intelligence and endpoint detection and response (EDR) products, CrowdStrike offers IT hygiene, device control, next-generation antivirus, integrated intelligence, vulnerability management, malware research and sandboxing capabilities in the form of its Falcon Platform.
These capabilities do not translate into heavy memory and processing power consumption – the Falcon Sensor accounts for only 30 MB and uses less than 1% of your total CPU utilization.
Such is CrowdStrike Falcon’s prominence among EDR vendors that it has been named the best EDR and endpoint protection platform (EPP) solution for the second consecutive year according to the 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Endpoint Detection and Response Report.
Some of CrowdStrike’s customers include Shutterstock, ADP and the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Here are CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection’s key features:
- A cloud-based security solution that is easy to use, fast to deploy and memory efficient.
- Automatic detection of threats.
- Prioritized alerts.
- Machine learning-based antivirus capabilities to block threats.
- Threat intelligence which highlights the context behind endpoint attacks.
- You can take action to remove endpoint threats in real-time with threat response capabilities.
- Centralized management.
- The Falcon Platform is scalable and flexible.
- The malware sandboxing module includes runtime data, hybrid analysis and environmental customization capabilities.
- The Falcon Spotlight vulnerability assessment tool helps respond to threats and close security gaps.
- One accessible dashboard with all management features.
- Pricing (per endpoint/month for 5-250 endpoints):
- Falcon Pro – $8.99
- Falcon Enterprise – $15.99
- Falcon Premium – $18.99 (full endpoint protection)
You can request a free demo today.
Blackberry Protect (CylancePROTECT) is an artificial intelligence-based (AI-based) endpoint security solution. Depending on your environment, you can opt for cloud deployment, hybrid deployment or on-premises deployment of Blackberry Protect.
As is the case with CrowdStrike Falcon, Blackberry Protect is a lightweight agent that prevents attacks in a matter of milliseconds. The technology offers complete protection without human intervention, heuristics, signatures and sandboxing.
The AI-driven EDR solution offers malware prevention, protection against malicious scripts/script paths, memory exploitation prevention and detection, the ability to control device access and fixed function devices and a single management console.
Blackberry Protect’s innovative approach has brought much acclaim to the company and it (Blackberry Protect) was awarded the title of the Best Innovator 2019 by SE Labs. The endpoint solution’s prominent clients include Safelite, Intermedia and Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Mentioned below are Blackberry Protect’s principal features:
- AI model prevents zero-day payload and known and unknown malware from executing.
- Leverages AI to detect and prevent endpoint malware attacks.
- Script management helps monitor, detect and prevent the running of malicious scripts/script paths.
- Proactive identification and prevention of the malicious use of memory.
- Parameters to control device access and to ensure the uncompromised state of fixed function devices.
- 3 easy and unique deployment options in accordance with your environment.
- Pricing: Blackberry Protect has not made this public yet.
You can get a free demo today.
While CrowdStrike Falcon is a clear favorite in terms of the features it provides and its overall prowess, Blackberry Protect’s AI-based solution is a worthy alternative and offers the option of choosing your preferred deployment platform.