McAfee entered the CASB space with the acquisition of Skyhigh Networks in 2018. The product was renamed McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud, and is now known as McAfee MVISION Cloud. The agentless CASB product offers threat protection and data loss prevention for large and very large enterprises (more than 1,000 employees), along with specialized offerings such as a dedicated GDPR tool for companies regulated by the EU data protection law. It is best for financial, healthcare and government markets, and others with internal policy and compliance requirements.
McAfee MVISION Cloud offers:
- API integration to cloud services for real-time control over user access, collaboration and data, along with forward and reverse proxy modes to enforce control over shadow IT and personal device access to the cloud.
- Machine-driven user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) to identify threats to cloud environments, including credential theft, insider threat, and privileged user escalation.
- Continuous auditing of IaaS environments against Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks for secure configuration, and the ability to automatically update the IaaS platform with the correct configuration.
The CASB product offers pre-built integration for dozens of applications, including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Box, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Dropbox, plus a CASB Connect and Custom App Framework that simplifies MVISION Cloud integration into additional long-tail cloud service providers and apps.
MVISION Cloud’s largest customer has more than 150,000 users and the product can scale as needed.
FedRamp, NIST, PCI, GDPR, HIPPA, SOC2, ISO 27001 certification, ISO 27018 certification
Technology (API, proxy or hybrid)
API, proxy, and hybrid
- Simple push of data classifications and policies from endpoints to the cloud for unified data loss prevention (DLP)
- Integration with McAfee ePO for data loss prevention and incident management
- Allows end users to self-remediate DLP incidents, taking the burden off IT