Download our in-depth report: The Ultimate Guide to IT Security Vendors
See our complete list of top managed security service providers
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXE) is an independent, end-to-end IT services company. It was created by the merger of CSC and Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Enterprise Services business. DXC serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. DXC partnerships include Symantec, McAfee, FireEye, Palo Alto, Check Point, CrowdStrike and Microsoft.
"For clients with high data privacy or sovereignty requirements, DXC delivers security monitoring and data protection and privacy services from SOCs worldwide," said Chris Moyer, vice president and general manager of security at DXC Technology. "DXC's industry-certified professionals, with extensive compliance expertise, advise on regulations such as SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, ISO27001, CISSP, SANS, GIAC, and partner-specific accreditation."
DXC has a portfolio of integrated solutions across security advisory and managed security capabilities in all core security domains:
- Security Advisory: Optimizes readiness using consultancy-led diagnostic services that assess risk and define and implement business-aligned strategies
- Security Risk Management: Helps identify cyber risks, document go-forward plans, and carry out remediation projects
- Intelligent Security Operations: Tailors solutions that support the digital enterprise by monitoring and responding to the evolving threat landscape
- Infrastructure and Endpoint Security: Meets exact, unique requirements through the design, installation, and integration of perimeter, network, endpoint, and advanced threat-protection solutions
- Identity and Access Management: Protects the enterprise using a variety of identity solutions, from provisioning and access governance to strong authentication and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Threat and Vulnerability Management: Uses industry-aligned, business-led penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, social engineering and attack simulations to identify and access security threats and advise on their remediation
- Data Protection and Privacy: Protects critical data and helps enterprises understand the use of critical content, while constantly meeting increasing privacy requirements
- Cloud Security: Addresses the unique challenges of securing virtual environments for cloud and infrastructure as a service, giving full visibility into traditional and next-generation platforms
These services are a starting point for many of the security engagements with clients. DXC manages and monitors thousands of devices for clients, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), unified threat management (UTM) and secure Web gateway (SWG) solutions. The integration of these protective perimeter network solutions, combined with DXC's ability to detect anomalies and quickly respond to threats, are all part of the security strategy DXC develops with clients.
DXC Technology has also launched DXC Applications Security on Demand, a consumption-based applications security testing service that helps identify and remediate vulnerabilities during the development lifecycle. Powered by Micro Focus Fortify software, DXC Applications Security on Demand proactively safeguards critical data to mitigate risk. This on-demand service includes static and dynamic security testing, as well as mobile security for all business applications for iOS and Android devices.
Markets and Use Cases
More than 40 percent of the Fortune Global 500 companies are DXC security clients. In addition, DXC offers security services in every industry segment, including the public sector, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, automotive and retail.
DXC maintains a global network of security operations centers (SOCs) on five continents, with more than 4,000 security professionals supporting, developing, managing, selling and delivering security services to more than 1,000 clients. DXC manages the security services for more than 1.8 million devices for clients.
DXC offers dedicated solutions that can be managed onsite, in a hosted environment or in cloud environments. DXC also offers shared environment solutions delivered in a software as a service (SaaS) or hosted model.
A platform of global threat intelligence, advanced threat detection and integrated incident response capabilities from a network of SOCs underpin the company's services. It analyzes this data to provide rapid incident response and forensics capabilities for enhanced monitoring and detection services.
DXC provides clients with multiple pricing models that include per device, per event, tiered, consumption, retainer, fixed fee, and time and material-based options.
DXC Technology was positioned as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for MSSPs, as a Leader in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix for IT Security Services, and as a Leader in the NelsonHall NEAT vendor evaluation for Managed Security Services, April 2017. According to the NEAT report, "DXC Technology has invested heavily in cybersecurity, e.g. its new security portal that collects information from all of its services and is designed to make security analysis easier and speed up threat resolution. DXC Technology's scale in cybersecurity, demonstrated by its strong network of SOCs and a large number of FTEs, can support the majority of large scale deployments. This scale has improved with the integration of CSC and HPE ES' security capabilities."
DXC is named as a Challenger in the latest Gartner MQ. Gartner analyst Toby Bussa said DCX differs from other MSSPs in that it offers a range of managed services around identity and access management, such as Identity Management as a Service and Privileged Account Management. It also gained kudos for its large partner network for security technologies. However, integration between HPE's Enterprise Services business and that of CSC remains a work in progress. As a result, DXC supports two separate portals for its MSS customers.