White Lodging Services Corporation recently acknowledged that a breach of point of sale systems between March 20, 2013 and December 16, 2013 affected customers of restaurants and lounges at 14 specific hotels managed by the company, along with the front desk at one hotel (h/t Softpedia).
The affected hotels are as follows:
• Marriott Midway, Chicago, Ill.
• Holiday Inn Midway, Chicago, Ill.
• Holiday Inn Austin Northwest, Austin, Texas
• Sheraton Erie Bayfront, Erie, Pa.
• Westin Austin at the Domain, Austin, Texas
• Marriott Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
• Marriott Denver South, Denver, Colo.
• Marriott Austin South, Austin, Texas
• Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, Indianapolis, Ind.
• Marriott Richmond Downtown, Richmond, Va.
• Marriott Louisville Downtown, Louisville, Ky.
• Renaissance Plantation, Plantation, Fla.
• Renaissance Broomfield Flatiron, Broomfield, Colo.
• Radisson Star Plaza, Merrillville, Ind.
At the Radisson Star Plaza in Merrillville, Ind., the front desk system was also affected.https://o1.qnsr.com/log/p.gif?;n=203;c=204650394;s=9477;x=7936;f=201801171506010;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;a=20392931;e=i
"The unlawfully accessed data may have included names printed on customers’ credit or debit cards, credit or debit card numbers, the security code and card expiration dates," the company said in a statement. "Guests who used or visited the affected businesses during the nine month-period and who used a credit or debit card to pay their bills at the outlets might have had such information compromised and are encouraged to review their statements from that time period."
While no credit protection services are being offered to those affected, all guests who used credit cards at the affected locations between March 20, 2013 and December 16, 2013 are being advised to consider placing a fraud alert on their credit files.