On June 9, 2014, thousands of new credit and debit cards were offered for sale on the underground store Rescator, which had previously sold tens of millions of cards stolen from Target. The new batch is the first since the release of stolen cards from Sally Beauty Supply in March of 2014.
The seller, who appears to be located in Russia or Eastern Europe, claims that all of the cards for sale are still valid, indicating that the breach took place recently.
According to Krebs, several banks have reported that all of the cards in the most recent batch for sale had been used at P.F. Chang's restaurants between March 2014 and May 19, 2014.https://o1.qnsr.com/log/p.gif?;n=203;c=204650394;s=9477;x=7936;f=201801171506010;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;a=20392931;e=i
The chain told Krebs that it hasn't yet been able to confirm a breach, but that it "has been in communications with law enforcement authorities and banks to investigate the source."
"P.F. Chang's takes these matters very seriously and is currently investigating the situation, working with the authorities to learn more," the company said. "We will provide an update as soon as we have additional information."