"This latest occasion saw one of its blog accounts compromised, with hackers posting a false reporting that claimed Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal had died," writes Computer Business Review's Steve Evans.
"He has not, but he did undergo minor surgery for an intestinal obstruction over the weekend," writes The Atlantic Wire's Adam Martin. "Reuters blogs are still down, and have been since Tuesday, according to a tweet from Reuters Opinion, but Reuters' own reporting on the hack says it happened on Wednesday, and it already deleted the post."
"Reuters has no information on who was behind the hack," writes TechWeekEurope's Tom Brewster.
"The first bogus story, posted earlier this month, was about the rebel Free Syrian Army suffering setbacks in their battle against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime," writes CNET News' Dara Kerr. "'Reuters did not report the false story and the post was immediately deleted,' Reuters News' director of global communications Barb Burg said in a statement. 'We are working to address the problem.'"