One bank turned off its firwall and anti-virus software. Sounds risky? Not for Ulster Savings Bank. They went with outsourced security management, saving them time and money.
Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE Professional Edition wowed users who made the Sweden-based company the winner in the Malware Removal category of Datamation's 2005 Product of the Year awards.
No longer satisfied with running banking scams, phishers are focusing their sights on the health care industry and utilities in their ever-expanding attempts to rip off users.
Passwords have long been a security problem. But if the answer is biometrics, how long before the technology makes it to corporate desktops?
Phishers proved to be the biggest security threat this year. And analysts say the growth of online organized crime will make it even worse for 2005.
In a one-on-one interview with the man known as the Father of Spam, he talks about the role he's played in the Internet's history, if he has any regrets, and if he would do it all over again.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?