What it takes to be "secure" is for some the source of much confusion. The short answer is: you can never be "secure," only "secure enough." The long answer involves a discussion about risk aversion, networked environments, business expectations, and a host of other factors that create an enterprise security profile.
Double down all you who uttered "security is an enabler" with a straight face, it's time to see if you were bluffing. Do it now, for we are the lucky ones - we win with Web services not once but twice. Not only can we make use of a Web services infrastructure to further security, but we are the critical piece of that Web services infrastructure. Say it with me, "There is no way Web services can deploy successfully without enhanced security."
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?