Pressure to demonstrate information security value will increase users' focus on metrics and highlight the need for unified security administration over the next year, according to the META Group. This, in turn, will spur further integration among activities surrounding threat management, intrusion detection, policy audits, vulnerability assessments, and forensic tests.
META Group research indicates failure among vendors attempting to create comprehensive security integration schemes. While most users desire a single security vendor, in META Group's opinion, it is becoming apparent this is unlikely to occur. Instead, META Group expects most security vendors to focus more narrowly on tactical products to generate revenue.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?