Unencrypted laptop thefts are often the source of major data breaches. One simple solution: hardware-based, self-encrypting drives for laptops.
Security awareness and training are perhaps the most overlooked parts of your security management program. Why is security awareness and training so important and what constitutes a security awareness and training program?
While PDA and smartphone security is often a forgotten piece of the security infrastructure, these devices have the ability to transmit and receive viruses, and can be exploited in numerous ways. In this article, the first in a series on the subject, we provide a general overview of PDA security and discuss vulnerabilities, products, security issues, and policies.
Single sign-on has evolved as a cost-savings solution to minimize support calls and to simplify the administrative process of authentication and authorization. Here's a look at how it works.
Shopping for an enterprise firewall can be a daunting task. However, with a little background knowledge, an understanding of firewall features, and knowing what questions to ask the vendors, you'll end up with just the right firewall for your organization.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?