Even before Sept. 11, many companies were hiring a top executive specifically to oversee their IT security needs. Since the attacks, that trend has accelerated.
An increase in security breaches last year caused more companies to install firewalls to protect corporate networks when employees work from home. One of those firewall products, Cisco System's PIX 501, captured by far the most votes for the Datamation Product of the Year for Security in 2001.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?