While not admitting nor denying wrongdoing, the security specialist reaches an agreement with regulators over an allegedly misleading Q1 2001 report.
The maker of ID and access managment software looks to boost business by helping customers limit the risk of deploying XML Web services.
The telecom adds new user ID software and services to guard government computer systems against hackers.
The enterprise search firm teams with IBM, Netegrity, Oblix and RSA to help customers better control access to sensitive data.
New investment in encryption apps bodes well for security vendors -- if they can keep prices down and solve interoperability problems, Technical Insights said.
The industry group names execs from 3Com/Palm and Netegrity to lead a task force focused on tightening the nation's IT infrastructure.
The security software company has discontinued its distributed firewall product to free up cash as it seeks a merger candidate.
An unlikely alliance of vendors and security consultancies aims to release draft guidelines early next year for handling newly discovered security flaws
Representatives of Akamai, Symantec and Intel, among others, will serve on a new White House panel aimed at safeguarding government and commercial IT systems.
The Bedford, Mass., firm's new product is designed to give users confidence to make business transactions, not just calls, from their mobile phones.
The Lynnfield, Mass., security specialist reports that only two of August's 10 most frequent viruses -- Higuy and Datom -- were new.
The Lynnfield, Mass., security specialist intros a new service allowing businesses to display up-to-the minute virus info on Web sites and intranets.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?