Some security experts say we need to do the impossible: Create and memorize a unique password for each and every service we use. But there are options this nifty Web site or just write them down.
Security company F-Secure was the target of a malicious mail apparently designed to give the company a black eye.
A pair of new reports say 2005 was a year of unfortunate firsts for IM security; with 2006 promising escalations in the sophistication of security threats.
Are Microsoft's Oompa-Loompas producing security candy or just singing the day away? Security experts aren't sure, and they're recommending users fix the latest Windows exploit with unofficial patches.
SANS has announced a pair of graduate degrees in security for aspiring CIOs and other IT professionals.
A security researcher says rootkits are finding the most use among spyware authors out to hide their programs from wary users.
A new worm making the rounds on AIM simulates a real person to coax users into accepting its payload.
According to a report, 170,000 new machines are added to the ranks of zombie spammers each day.
Security company says IM attacks up 226 percent over October.
A security company reports that a recent AIM rootkit worm is being exploited by an unspecified group of crackers in the Middle East.
A Finnish research group has reported on a vulnerability that exposes VPNs and firewalls to DoS attacks.
Cisco has released patches that address denial of service and authentication vulnerabilities in IOS.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?