Unemployment in this sector remains low, but salaries are slumping.
Linux.Psybot is a worm that spreads through routers and DSL modems.
When run Troj/Agent-IOV copies itself to
Mal/ObfJS-BE is a malicious script that attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in order to infect the victim when the malicious web page is browsed.
In contrast with the gloomy job market, salary levels for IT security professionals are holding up well.
In this interview, the security guru discusses the technological threats facing us, from ID theft to how to best protect your personal computer.
W32/KillFil-BP Spreads Through P2P and network shares.
The Bloodhound.Exploit.138 Detects Multiple Image Editing Apps.
The W32.Relfeer worm spreads through network shares and file-sharing applications.
A short compendium of lost laptops, stolen USB devices and unsecured e-mails. Forget hackers its internal security mistakes that will give you nightmares.
A survey of openings in security positions that call for design and security architecture expertise.
This week we narrow our search to security jobs that pay in the $100k range.
Jobs in New York, Chicago and Silicon Valley are highlighted, focusing on those in the higher salary bracket.
McAfee has forecast which security problems will likely plague us in the coming year. Security guru Dave Marcus gives eSecurity Planet the inside scoop.
The latest malware has its own anti-virus scanner to make sure it has no competition as it does its dirty work.
Its ever more common that black hatters are extorting money rather than crashing machines. Plus: the threat from caching servers.
- What are the top Android security apps?
- What are the top Android security risks?
- What are today's top cyber threats?
- What's the most secure way to delete data?
- How does hard drive encryption work?
- Is old software inherently insecure?
- Are Macs immune to malware?
- How can BYOD risk be managed?
- Which web browser is the most secure?
- How do I protect my iOS device?
- What are the top iPhone security apps?
- How do I secure my wireless network?
- Are public Wi-Fi hotspots safe?